Come for a cycling or walking
adventure in southern France
Mountains and Maps provide memorable journeys
in the stunning landscape of Occitanie, France
It may be a challenge, new discovery or welcome return, but we're sure it will be enjoyable.
Mountains and Maps offer self-guided and guided cycling or walking trips in some of the most beautiful and spectacular areas in Occitanie, France. We provide activity holiday's that are an enjoyable adventure and an experience to savour. To achieve this we run our trips with small groups, offer quality accommodation and make sure every detail meets your requirements for a truly rewarding and fun holiday.
Activity-based holiday with a difference
- From our base in Occitanie we'll help you discover some of the most stunning scenery, amazing food and wine as well as the fascinating history of this part of southern France. This includes the Cévennes, Tarn Gorge, Pyrénées, Cathar castles, Canal du Midi and the Haut Languedoc Naturel Parc - to name just a few. From sheep and goat farming in the Grande Causses, to orchards in the foothills of the Pyrénées, by way of the largest wine-growing area in France, this region will reveal an incredibly diverse terrain, culture and history. Choose an active way to discover this astounding region and we'll take care of all the arrangements to give you an unforgettable holiday experience.
What to expect from us
- A sense of humour; a great holiday; remarkable routes; experiences hard to find elsewhere; a bit of a challenge; a step outside your comfort zone if wanted; seamless organisation; absolute safety; local knowledge of flora, fauna, history, culture; great food and wine; excellent accommodation … what more could you ask for? All you need do is turn up, enjoy and we’ll arrange everything else.
- Self-guided, semi-supported or full on-road support - you choose how you want to cycle. We arrange everything to your needs and abilities and provide great routes, good quality accommodation as well as excellent food. You're left free to just enjoy the ride.
- We love this area for walking/hiking/trekking because of the great weather, varied terrain and chance to be away from crowds. There is everything from easy walking along the UNESCO Canal du Midi to vine-covered hill country and climbs on mountain trails. We know 'off-the-beaten track' routes and can provide guided or self-guided walks of discovery.
- Hike, cycle, kayak, play golf, go horse riding, do a painting or cooking course, take in some wine-tasting. All of these, and more, can be arranged for a holiday or weekend break with a difference.